I wouldn't really say that I have a favourite thing to cook, more of a favourite reason. There's nothing like spending a cold November morning in the kitchen mkaing enough cookies and candy to feed an army, just because it's almost Christmas. There's something extra special about making a giant pot of stroganoff because your sister is coming and you know it's her favourite. Or making a raspberry spinach salad for dinner, because you know it will make your hubby's week.
In fact, he was so excited about it, he even took the pictures. Thanks, babe. My photography mojo was off last night anyway.
This recipe is so tasty that even Leah, the eternal hater of "sweet" salads loves it. What's not to love? Fresh raspberries, organic baby spinach, creamy goat cheese, candied pecans, and homemade raspberry vinegrette. Deelish.
Raspberry and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans
Is the name too long? I wasn't sure. Call it whatever you want.
4 cups, or one package of baby spinach
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup creamy, unpasteurized goat cheese
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- Using a small pan, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add pecans and brown sugar, stirring to combine.
- Keep the nuts moving for about 4 minutes, until sugar has caramelized.
- Remove from heat and let cool in a bowl.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil and jam in a small bowl and whisk.
- Put spinach in a salad bowl and crumble the goat cheese into it.
- Add pecans and dressing, toss.
- Dish up salad and top with raspberries (if you toss them in, the will get mushy).