Thursday 19 April 2012

Avocado Chicken Parmigiana



I can't believe there was ever a time when I didn't like avocado. It's a part of my past I'm not proud of, okay? Let's call it my teenage rebellion. But, like most rebellious teens, I got over it. In a big way. I am crazy for avocado. Like cray-zee. They are so creamy, tasty, versatile and full of awesome-ness. Good for you. Got it? Avocodo=good.

Now that we're on the same page, you should probably make this for dinner. It's a yummy, summer-y take on an old classic. I served it with a fresh garden salad (full of avocado, of course).

Avocado Chicken Parmigiana

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan chesse
1 cup tomato pasta sauce
2 ripe avocados
3/4 cup grated extra-old white cheddar cheese


  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees ferenheit.
  • Using a kitchen mallet (or in my case, the back of an ice cream scoop), pound your chicken to make it flatter.
  • Combine eggs, milk, and salt and pepper and set aside.
  • Combine panko and parmesan cheese and seat aside.
  • Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick coating.
  • Coat chicken in flour, dip in egg mixture, and coat in panko mixture.
  • Place chicken on baking sheet and put in oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is almost cooked through.
  • Remove from oven and top with 1/4 cup tomato sauce, strips of avocado, and grated cheddar.
  • Put back in the oven for 15 minutes, turning your oven on to broil for the last 3.





-Jessica

1 comment: