Friday 20 April 2012

Black Bean and Corn BBQ Quesedillas with Cilantro Lime Sour Cream


Sometimes I wish I had someone who could suck all the creativity out of my brain and write it out for me so I wouldn't have to. Does your mind ever draw a blank, although, somewhere in there, there's an entire encyclopedia full of things just waiting to be put into words? This is all I have today:

These are good. Really delicious. If you don't make them, you will be missing out on a fab meal.
The End.

Black Bean and Corn BBQ Quesedillas with Cilantro Lime Sour Cream

6 flour tortillas (I used sun-dried tomato)
2 cups of cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (I cheated and bought a grocery store rotisserie)
I small can of niblet corn
1 small can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1  1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup your favourite BBQ sauce
small handful of cilantro, diced
2 cups grated cheddar (I used a mix of sharp and white extra-sharp)

for the sour cream:
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp lime juice
1  1/2 tbsp cilantro, diced

  • Combine mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
  • Spread sauce onto one tortilla.
  • Layer on your chicken, corn, beans, cilantro and cheese (make sure cheese is on top)
  • Put another tortilla on top to make a quesedilla and transfer to a hot, buttered frying pan.
  • Cook on medium until cheese is almost melted and flip.
  • Finish cooking, transfer to cutting board and let cool for about 3 minutes. Cut into triangles.
  • To make the sour cream, simply comine lime juice, cilantro and sour cream.









-Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment