Wednesday 1 February 2012

pre-made frozen sugar cookies



I happened to have some sugar cookie dough sitting in my fridge today that I needed to either use, or throw away.  I was really not in the mood to decorate cookies, or really put much effort in them at all.  I thought my kids might want to bake them after school though.  So, I decided to try making my own version of the ones you buy at the store. 
I started by rolling out the dough, and cutting it into circles.  Then I used a small heart cutter in the center of the cookie.  
  I saved 1/3 of the dough, and colored it pink. Then I used the same heart cutter to cut out little pink hearts.

I placed the pink heart into the center of the circle and put in on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.  I stuck the cookies in the freezer for about 20 minutes. 
After they were frozen hard, I stacked them with waxed paper in between each one.  Then I put them in a ziplock bag and back in the freezer until someone wants to make them.

To bake, set your oven to 325, and bake about 12 minutes.


These could not have been easier, and my kids are going to love baking them!

-Leah

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Funny that this is you 'not putting much effort into it' though!

    ReplyDelete