Thursday 16 February 2012

Creamsicle Cookies




Remember my citrus problem? I have an unhealthy obsession with all things citrus. Lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit. I guess my obsession isn't really that unhealthy. It's better than, say, a chocolate obsession (because I definitely don't have one of those) or a chips and salsa obsession (we'll leave that to my husband).

I found the recipe for these cookies and they pretty much consumed my mind until I broke down and made them. We are moving in about a week, and I was trying really hard not to use my oven. I already cleaned it, and although I do enjoy cleaning most things, an oven is definitely not one of them. I wanted it to stay shiny, thank you very much. But in all seriousness, I could not stop thinking about these.

Yesterday after dinner I seized the moment, the boys were playing Wii Sports (their new obsession- at least it doesn't involve food) and Matt was playing with the baby. These were super quick and easy to throw together, and the house smelled deliciously orangey for the rest of the night.

As a Valentine's day gift to myself  my scale, I sent most of them to work with Matt. But not after having a few. And then a few more.


Creamsicle Cookies
    from this blog.

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Zest of 2 oranges
  • 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until thoroughly incorporated. Gradually beat in flour mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Lastly, mix in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls, and bake for 8 minutes or until just golden around the edges. Let cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment