Canada-ism number 54: In Canada, "Rocky Road" ice cream is sometimes called "Heavenly Hash".The only explanation I can come up with for this radical change in name is the fact that Heavenly Hash is a pretty fitting name. Hash, (although usually for breakfast and containing potatoes) refers to a mashed up combination of yumminess. In this case, its heavenly. Just go with it.
Actually, I prefer the name Rocky Road. I feel like it just kind of sells itself- chocolate (the road) with pecans and marshmallows (the rocks). Self explanatory, really.
Okay, so you know those yummy little marshmallows that are sitting on top of all the powder when you buy hot chocolate "with marshmallows"? Kraft had a wave of genius and decided to sell the marshmallows all by themself. They're so good. Like SO good. I love 'em. They were the perfect inspiration for these cookies.
Rocky Road Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cup all purpouse flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I like dark)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup Kraft mini marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees ferenhiet
- Combine sugars, butter and egg in your mixer using cookie paddles
- Add vanilla
- Add flour and baking soda until combined
- Add chocolate chips, pecans, and marshmallows
- Drop by rounded spoonfulls onto a cookie sheet and flatten a little with your palm
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until very lightly browned on top
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack