Friday 16 March 2012

The Pioneer Woman’s Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies




When I was a kid, we lived about 3 blocks away from the 7-11. I would do chore after chore, just so I could save up enough money to get something worthwhile. Often, it would be a bag of 5 cent candies, sometimes a Slurpee. But my favourite was a frosted malt. Have you ever had one of those? You know, they come out of the freezer, right beside the ice cream drumsticks and the frozen lemonade. Frosted malts were the best on hot days, and they came with a little wooden spoon, which for some reason made it taste better. I swear, it did.

I have never had a real chocolate malt, like one you might order from Pop's Chocolate Shop if you were friends with Archie and Betty and Veronica and lived in Riverdale. I think the frosted malt is the closest I've come. I was reading Jenny's blog over at Picky Palate and she blogged about these fabulous chocolate malt cookies from Ree at  The Pioneer Woman. I love both bloggers, so I figured a recipe from both of them was probably worth making.

Let me tell you, I don't believe I will ever make another chocolate chip cookie recipe for as long as I live. That's how good these were. I'm not a cookie dough fan, I'd rather wait until they're all baked up and warm, thank you very much, but even the dough was incredible. I couldn't keep my fingers out. They are slightly cripsy, chewy, melt in your mouth delicious.





The Pioneer Woman’s Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

   You can find this recipe here.


-Jessica






No comments:

Post a Comment